Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

I need to improve my English


As a dental student y dah tahun empat dah pun, English is very important in daily practice. Lectures, notes, and even in clinic we used English. If you got a foreigner as your patient, habis la kau every conversation should be in English except if you can talk in his language. As a student at a clinic that situated at the center of a big city, to get a foreigner patient is in a very high probability. Besides that, most of the citizen in this capital (Kuala Lumpur) are highly educated people. They speak and use English in their daily conversation. If someone ask question in English and you reply in Malay, doesn't it weird?




Last few days, I was at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur  to celebrate my friends birthday. As I walk through the rainy pedestrian from Lot 10 to the Pavilion, someone touch my shoulder.
 " Excuse me, where is Times Square?" a middle age lady ask me.
" Err.......mmmmmm" sebab tak tahu jalan la..jangan salah anggap Fatiem tak faham pulak

" I'm sorry ladies, i don't know how to get there from here. I'm not so familiar with this place. Maybe you should ask another person." Korang rasa Fatiem jawab macam nie x?  Of cause I'm not saying that. Not a single word come out from my mouth except errr...mmmmm.. How embarrassing. memalukan diri sendiri ja.

If I can grade my own English, I will give 1.5 out of 10. Why? because my sentences is macam budak tadika very2 simple, lack of vocab, very poor grammar and others la..
As a conclusion, don't feel embarrass to talk in English. Practice make perfect right? tak kisah la apa org nk ckp,broken English? grammar tunggang langgang? Vocab lemah? Malay's English?.. lantaklah yang penting  I can learn to improve my english. i will used this inactive blog to share my story in English, hoping that my english will be improved from time to time..

No comments: